Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hail And Farewell

2004

When you read this, my body elements have been returned to the earth of our lovely planet. My spirit, if I have a spirit, may or may not experience a destination or state of consciousness which will be a surprise. I doubt it, but who knows?

I am lucky to have lived so long. Much was learned as I lived the life of Unitarian Universalist minister. But also, I learned much about living and persons at the iron foundry, the construction of Quonset Naval Air Station and the Hingham shipyard. These were jobs where amid noise, dust, grime, heat, and cold where so many men and women worked loyally at difficult tasks.

On the Musings mailing list, I have both a general and particular good memory of everyone of you. You represent fine qualities of living and I am fortunate to have known you.

I still have hope for the human venture; that there will come a day when there is peace on earth and for all people something to live on and a faith to live by.

Carl Westman
October 4, 1911 – October 14, 2004

No comments: