Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Introduction To Musings X

SEASON’S GREETINGS 1999
Thanksgiving – Advent – St. Lucy’s Day – Solstice – Christmas – New Year’s – Hanukkah – Twelfth Night – Kwanzaa

As you can plainly see, since June, due to the generosity of John and Renee, I’ve had a Dell computer. I am much slower learning than today’s bright boys and girls, but I keep at it, including, as you will see, trying different type fonts. E-mail address: CJWinFL@aol.com.

This tenth year of Musings comes to you with my strong wish that this has been a good year for you and yours; and that 2000 (Y2K as they say) will be a year of health and happiness.

My health seems stable, with the continued help of physicians and prescriptions. On October 26, I had a pacemaker installed to assist my lagging heart. I have often wondered whether I would see the year 2000. Now there is a good chance I will.

Through the years, in these little essays, I have included events in my personal history. Members of the family like these inclusions. I still have much regret that I know so little about the early lives of my parents. So I share my own, writing about events remembered of my “green years”, even when recollection is painful. (Perhaps in one Musing, Al or Rose might speculate that I am trying to exorcise traumatic specters of my boyhood).

Be that as it may, I raise a glass to you all – Skoal!

No comments: