Monday, May 3, 2010

Introduction To Musings VIII

December 1997

Another year, another Musing. An eventful year it has been, too.

In January, I had the good fortune to move from my “efficiency” to a one-bedroom apartment. The additional space, living and storage, has been both convenient and comforting. To those who have not corrected my address, it is apartment 804; street and number for Jefferson Center remain the same, of course.

This year I have had to discontinue shopping and shipping holiday presents for my long list. I am no longer up to the task. I trust everyone will understand.

Health took an unwelcome turn this year. In August, surgery for a colon re-section to remove a malignancy. Then chemotherapy. Then, in late October, hospitalization again – a recurrence of the heart problem. Soon, chemotherapy again. However, do not be unnecessarily alarmed. As Mark Twain said of Wagner’s music, “it is better than it sounds.” I’ll be around.

No comments: